Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easy Black Forest Cobbler

This is a recipe that my son uses in his Boy Scout Campouts.
They make it using a dutch oven over a campfire and it is a scout favorite. I changed it up just a little from the original based on what I had in my pantry at the time. I threw this together, and now it is our absolute favorite.

Black Forest Cobbler
1 snack size pkg brownie mix(walgreens or walmart has these)
1 can Cherry pie filling
1/2 C Semi-sweet choc chips
1/2 can diet coke or root beer, or Dr Pepper(yes, dont worry)
1 egg



Mix the dry brownie mix with the egg, and diet coke. Stir well till all mixed up. Put in a 9x9 greased pan. Add cherrys on top, leaving out
alot of the gel. Sprinkle the choc chips all over it.
Bake at 350 for 35 min.
Eat warm..yummmmmm!!!


Original recipe calls for 1 box of Choc cake mix, 1 whole can of root beer,
Can of cherries, and a Hershey bar broken up and sprinkled over the top. Bake at 350 or a dutch oven for campfires. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!!!!! I am so glad you posted this! I have to take something for a covered dish on Monday and this will be perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete